Well and Good – Daikon Collard Wrap with Delicious Wasabi Dressing is to Die for.
It’s not everyday that your lunch asks what you’re grateful for or what inspires you. But when the recipe is born out of Café Gratitude—the vegan, California-based chain that serves affirmations in every bite—it most certainly will.
Café Gratitude opened its first location in 2004 and the uber-popular healthy hotspot now serves meals to nearly 4,000 people a day. The ethos behind it is to make you—and the world—better and healthier through food. Chef Dreux Ellis helps do this with inspiring, healthy menu items like “Outstanding” Sprouted Oatmeal, “Vivacious” Kale Chips, and this “Celebrating” Daikon Collard Wrap. (Just try having a bad day with these happy-making, superlative-filled dishes around.)
This wrap recipe definitely lives up to the restaurant’s mission and could be just the thing that makes lunch at your desk much more exciting this week. The collard greens are filled with vitamins A, C, and calcium, while detoxifying daikon radish (a winter root veggie that’s pretty common in macrobiotic cooking) is super high in vitamins C, says Ellis. So if nothing else, you can celebrate your decision to whip up this nutrition powerhouse recipe instead of grabbing a wrap at the deli. —Molly Gallagher
“Celebrating” Daikon Collard Wrap with Sesame Wasabi Dressing
For the Wraps
8 large or 12 medium collard leaves
2 cups shredded daikon
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped basil, cilantro and green onion
1/4 cup soaked/drained shredded wakame or hijiki
2 Tbsp tamari
1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
2 Tbsp sesame seed gomasio (optional)
1/4 cup sunflower sprouts
1/4 avocado, sliced
Sesame Wasabi Dressing (see below)
For Sesame Wasabi Dressing
1 tsp ginger juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp sesame tahini
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp tamari
1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
2 Tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
1/8 piece of a small jalapeño
1 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender. Blend until smooth.
For the Wraps
1. Prep the collard leaves by cutting off the stem and shaving the spine (use a vegetable peeler if they’re very thick).
2. Blanch for 1 to 2 minutes in boiling water until a rich dark green then transfer to an ice water bath for 1 to 2 minutes. Squeeze out the water and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the daikon, carrots, basil, shredded wakame or hijiki, tamari, toasted sesame oil, and chili flakes and sesame seed gomasio (if using).
4. To make the wrap, take one collard leaf and fill it with 1/2 cup of the daikon and wakame filling, 1/4 cup sunflower sprouts, and 1/4 of a sliced avocado. Roll into a tight burrito and cut on the bias. Serve with a sesame wasabi dipping sauce or a dressing of your choice.
For more information, visit www.cafegratitude.com
IASO DETOX WEIGHT LOSS TEA
Sponsored Ads – Contact Us!
Make Cash – Look Hot!
Tagsbeauty behindmlm.com Oz sexual pervert behindmlm.com pedophile Christianity due process entrepreneurs Faith Renee Faith R Sloan Faith Sloan health healthy healthy foods healthy lifestyle Iaso Tea Iaso tea benefits iaso tea ingredients leadership lose weight Love MLM Motivation motivational network marketing opportunity organic Personal Development personal growth politics professional development relationships Religion scam scammer SEC skinntea small business startups success TLC TLC Leadership Team TLC Products Total Life Changes Unstoppable Success Team weight loss tea WHYS Guys
- Is Klaus Bardenhagen BehindMLM Oz Blogger?
- SolidTrustPay Getting Tough On Fraud
- Michael Jordan, Legendary Chicago Bulls Player getting “shade”
- RNC 2016 Muslim Speaker for Donald Trump: Someone Shouted ‘No Islam!’
- Did Melania Trump Steal Michelle Obama’s Speech?
- Michael Jordan Gym Shoes $650 Really? Hope You Get Laid!
- Total Life Changes Fat Burning Kit Christmas
- Banners Broker Owners Arrested – Christopher George Smith and Rajiv Dixit
- 3 Bedtime Snacks Diabetics Should Avoid
- Change Your Facebook Profile Picture to Support Paris, France Attack Victims