Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
Well and Good
We can‚Äôt think of a better time to whip up this gooey,¬†delicious¬†grilled cheese than a freezing Sunday¬†afternoon in February.
The thing that makes this¬†twist on your childhood fave so special isn’t the¬†rich cheddar¬†(but yum), it’s the¬†(carb- and gluten-free) “bread” you put it on‚ÄĒmade out of cauliflower!¬†The¬†veggie is having a moment, popping up on¬†New York City restaurant¬†menus¬†all over the five boroughs.
It’s peaking in popularity internationally, too. This¬†recipe is the brainchild of London chef Tess Ward, whose beautifully photographed images have¬†amassed quite a following on Instagram. She also¬†writes about everything from juice cleanses to¬†date-night restaurants in the popular British weekly Grazia, and she teaches¬†in-home cooking lessons¬†on¬†workout-enhancing meals and detoxing recipes.
Ward’s¬†first cookbook, The Naked Diet,¬†is out this April. And it’s about stripping diets down to their bare ingredients. In the spirit of that truthfulness, Ward is also a fan of mindful indulgence.
‚ÄúI feel that too many healthy chefs and foodies can¬†be unrealistic about diet and gloss over the indulgent stuff, which is totally necessary sometimes,‚ÄĚ says Ward. ‚ÄúSo this is an indulgence for the healthy foodie‚Ä¶it‚Äôs a weekend treat when you need a bit of comfort.‚ÄĚ
Don’t mind if we do. ‚ÄĒMolly Gallagher
For the cauliflower ‚Äúbread‚ÄĚ
1 small cauliflower head, cut into ¬†florets (should yield approximately three cups of cauliflower rice)
1 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
1 oz grated Parmesan
1 oz¬†grated comt√©, appenzeller, or¬†mature¬†cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
For the grilled cheese
1 Tbsp butter, room temperature
3 oz. comt√©¬†and mature¬†cheddar cheese
1 large pickled gherkin or jalape√Īo¬†finely sliced (optional)
For the “bread”
1. Preheat oven to 450¬įF.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, rice the cauliflower florets¬†until they are a fine crumb.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a low-medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice (about three cups) and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring continually or until soft. You want the water to evaporate as much as possible from the cauliflower without developing color.¬†The cauliflower rice needs to be dry, otherwise you‚Äôll end up with mushy dough.
5. Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add egg, Parmesan, comt√©, salt, and mix well, then spread the¬†mixture onto the lined baking sheet and shape into four bread squares. Place the baking tray¬†in the oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
6. Remove and let cool for ten minutes, then gently peel them off the parchment paper.
1. Heat a pan over medium heat.¬†Butter one side of each slice of the cauliflower bread and place the buttered side down on the pan.
2. Cover¬†the bread liberally with¬†your chosen¬†cheese, plus gherkin or jalape√Īo¬†(if using) and top with the remaining slice of cauliflower bread, buttered side up.
3. Cook until golden brown, about two to four minutes, then gently flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
4. Serve with spicy hot sauce,¬†a salad, and your condiments of choice.
For more information, visit www.tessward.com¬†
Cauliflower Grilled Cheese is Delicious
IASO DETOX WEIGHT LOSS TEA
Sponsored Ads – Contact Us!
Make Cash – Look Hot!
Tagsabusive relationships beauty behindmlm.com Oz sexual pervert behindmlm.com pedophile Christianity due process entrepreneurs Faith Renee Faith R Sloan Faith Sloan health healthy healthy foods healthy lifestyle Iaso Tea Iaso tea benefits iaso tea ingredients leadership lose weight Love MLM Motivation motivational network marketing opportunity organic Personal Development personal growth politics professional development relationships scam scammer SEC skinntea small business startups success TLC TLC Leadership Team TLC Products Total Life Changes Unstoppable Success Team weight loss tea WHYS Guys
- Yes, you can channel your intense holiday anticipation and actually get work done this week
- Healthy way to deal with rejection, according to former ‚ÄúBachelorette‚ÄĚ Ali Fedotowsky
- How To Explain Bitcoin to Your Grandparents
- Alibaba Jack Ma: How a Remarkable Chinese Company is Changing the Face of Global Business – Review
- What ‚ÄúThe Biggest Loser‚ÄĚ trainer Jen Widerstrom wants you to know about negative self-talk
- Is Klaus Bardenhagen BehindMLM Oz Blogger?
- SolidTrustPay Getting Tough On Fraud
- Michael Jordan, Legendary Chicago Bulls Player getting “shade”
- RNC 2016 Muslim Speaker for Donald Trump: Someone Shouted ‚ÄėNo Islam!‚Äô
- Did Melania Trump Steal Michelle Obama’s Speech?